The demand of the USA among international students: The number of the international student population in USA colleges and universities is largest. The figure is increasing day by day because of its academic quality, diversity of educational advantages, wide research facilities, corroboration services, and facilities for foreign students, high technical facilities and wide resources, etc. They also provide the opportunity to coronate an international student in American culture by offering different types of student clubs and organizations.
Requirements for studying in the USA:
1. Secondary school completeness application form: Accomplished application form as proof of finishing 12 years of schooling or secondary school completeness.
2. Student Visa: For studies in the USA, a student visa is very important. An international student could issue three types of student visas: F1 Visa (nonimmigrant student visa), M1 Visa (reserved for international students who want to attend vocational or technical schools.), and J1 Visa (nonimmigrant visa category which is work and study based). F1 and J1 Visa provide the possibility of work or employment during a student’s stay in the USA where M1 Visa doesn’t give it. A student should familiar with these types of Visas for learning the impact of financing when they will be in the USA and how to do the application and continue the arrival processes.
3. English language efficiency: Certificate of English language skill (score from TOFEL) will be needed. Almost all institutions demand that this test be the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). If English is not a student’s native language then the community college may still accept him by granting conditional acceptance that the student must have to attend English language classes at their college before starting degree program or the community college offer ESL program and after completion, the all necessary requirements of ESL (English as a Second Language) the community college will admit the student. Most USA universities accept one of the tests: IELTS Academic, TOEFL IBT, PTE Academic, and C1 Advanced. A minimum asking score of English language efficiency of a university should be checked with importance.
4. Proof of financial support or ability: A student has to prove that he can support himself financially. Public universities are less expensive compared to private universities. Scholarships may be offered by some private universities. Bachelor and Graduate degree providing colleges and universities are more expensive than two year and community colleges. There are variations in the cost of living in various parts of the United States. Living near a large city or urban areas is more expensive. Renting cost in an apartment in a big city is twice that in a small town. Other living expenses like food, clothing, etc. may be higher in a city. If it is not possible for an international student to meet the high cost of universities he can take admission in a community college for the first two years where there is an opportunity to start their journey of education in the USA in a great way with affordable cost.
5. Selecting college: The interests and lifestyles are different for every student. So, making the correct choice is very important. Before making a choice, the factors which are important for a student in his interest and lifestyle should consider carefully. Private educational consultants charge a fee for helping a student with the way of U.S colleges and universities and putting together his applications. There are also Advising Centers and they can help a student who wants to take education in USA colleges and universities by giving faithful information.
6. Application deadlines: For applying to undergraduate or Bachelor’s program, universities will offer two application deadlines: early admission and regular admission.
Early deadlines will be between October and November for the fall admission application. Regular application deadlines will be between February and March, the same year.
Applying for a post-graduate degree, the deadline can be anywhere between January to March. For applying for the spring admission, the deadline is probably between July and September, the last year.
7. Ready to apply: The option of applying directly on the websites of the universities is given by most universities.
It is extremely important to read carefully the requirements of the university before applying.
A student can apply to more than 3 universities to increase the chance of admission.
Depending on the university, the application fees are generally between 75-100USD. Contact the university or program directly if face a problem paying the admission fee.
Use the links published by the university websites and follow them according to their instructions.
8. University application documents: Requirement of the different university is different, so required documents vary from one university to another. Some common documents are:
Transcripts or records of grades (high school and/or university)
Scores of English language efficiency test and proof
Letter of motivation
Sample of writing
Fees of application
Conclusion: The United States of America is a land of opportunities. This country and its people are always ready for welcoming hard-working and talented people from every corner of the world. If you think of yourself as a perfect one who can study and settle in this dream land, then go for it!